This list is not meant to be all encompassing. Situations come up at every event and the Race Director will make decisions accordingly.
- Runners must wear their official race number on the front of their person, where it must be visible at all times.
- All races must be completed before the designated race cutoff. Any runner being allowed to finish after that time is solely at the Race Director’s discretion.
- Knowing the course is the sole responsibility of the runner. Markings and ribbons are only there as a guide and are subject to vandalism. Elemental Running strives to mark each and every course clearly. Nevertheless, it is always suggested that you carry a map or use the provided Map My Run map with the phone app.
- No unregistered runners, walkers, or pacers.
- No dogs, strollers, baby joggers, skates, scooters, or bicycles.
- Runner safety is a top priority for our events. Please be mindful of the other participants and respect the race personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone.
- Any runner who stops for more than 60 minutes is subject to being pulled from the race by the Race Director.
- Each runner must complete the entire course under his or her own power in order to be eligible for a medal/buckle/award. Changes to a different distance are allowed provided they are communicated to an aid station and the Race Director upon completion of the race. Runners dropping to a lower distance after the start are not eligible for place awards.
- Each runner must carry all their own food, fluids, and other supplies needed for use between aid stations. Pacers, other runners, friends, or animals may not carry or “mule” anything for the participant.
- Runners may not accept aid from their support crew or any other source while on the course and in between aid stations and designated support locations, except in case of a medical emergency.
- Any entrant who is unable or does not desire to finish the race must continue to the nearest aid station. The runner must relinquish his or her race number to the aid station captain and state his or her decision to withdraw.
- Absolutely no littering. Please respect the natural beauty of our trails and the rights of everyone to enjoy them. Any littering or vandalism to the course is grounds for immediate disqualification.
- The Race Director’s word is final. There are no appeals, rebuttals, or refusals of the RD’s final decision.
- All races are subject to change due to any number of factors including, but not limited to, weather, law enforcement, permitting, and municipality rulings. No refunds will be given in any case.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, REGISTRATION AGREEMENT, RULES, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
By indicating your acceptance, you understand, agree, warrant, and covenant as follows:
- I understand that participating in this event is potentially hazardous, and that I should not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained. In consideration of the acceptance of this entry, I assume full and complete responsibility for any injury or accident which may occur while I am traveling to or from the event, during the event, or while I am on the premises of the event. I also am aware of and assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, effect of weather, traffic and conditions of the road. I, for myself and my heirs and executors, hereby waive, release, and forever discharge the event organizers, sponsors, promoters, and each of their agents, representatives, successors and assigns, and all other persons associated with the event, for all of my liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that I may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event.
- I understand that this waiver includes any claims, whether caused by negligence, the action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.
- I understand that any entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. There will be NO refunds.
- I understand that race courses are not permanent and may change due to weather, geology, permitting, governmental changes, etc. The Race Director will do everything possible to avoid these situations but that is not always possible. Refunds WILL NOT be issued if the course must be changed.
- I hereby grant full permission to any and all of the above parties to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings, or any other record of this event.
- I hereby consent to the use of my email address for purposes of event information, news, and marketing. Email addresses will not be sold or given to a third party.
- I am aware that during the Elemental Running desert races (Ride the Wind, Coyote Springs Trail Runs, and Flight of Fire), I may encounter a desert tortoise. I have read the information on the life history of the desert tortoise, it’s protected status, protocols for dealing with tortoises if and when they are encountered, and the definition of “take”.
- I understand that I am solely responsible for knowing the course and following instructions given by the Race Directors. I understand that course markings can be moved by natural or human interference. Course markings and any instructions given by volunteers are intended to supplement my understanding but are not definitive. I am ultimately responsible for knowing and following the correct course, and any deviation therefrom is the result of my own actions and not the fault of the race directors, staff, or volunteers. I also understand that, per USATF rules, results will not be changed for any reason.
- Finally, I understand, per USATF rules, that the first participant to cross the finish line is the awarded winner, regardless of chip time.